Cybersecurity Focal Path
About the Cybersecurity Focal Path
We are excited to announce a new “Cybersecurity Focal Path” in our undergraduate program.
We are in the process of applying for certification as a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense, and completion of this focal path means that your coursework has covered the required "knowledge units."
What are the Cybersecurity Focal Path (CFP) courses?
The 10 courses in the Cybersecurity Focal Path are:
- APMA/STAT 3120 Statistics
- CS 1110/1/2 Introduction to Programming
- CS 2150 Program and Data Representation
- CS 3102 Theory of Computation
- CS 4102 Algorithms
- CS 4414 Operating Systems
- CS/ECE 4457 Computer Networks
- CS 4630 Defense Against the Dark Arts
- CS 4750 Database Systems
- CS 4760 Network Security (Formerly offered under CS 4501)
What happens after finishing the required courses?
Once you have completed these courses, you can apply for a Letter of Completion of the Cybersecurity Focal Path by e-mailing your unofficial transcript to Prof. Ahmed Ibrahim (email@example.com) with the subject: CFP Letter of Completion Application.
Still have questions?
If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail Ahmed Ibrahim at or call 434-924-8284.
Department of Computer Science
85 Engineer's Way
PO Box 400740
Charlottesville, VA 22904